Mosquito-Borne Diseases - ADPH issues advisory for pregnant women considering travel to areas with the Zika virus. Learn more about the Zika Virus, Chikungunya, and West Nile Virus.
Standing Order on Naloxone Distribution - Read the standing order from the State Health Officer on Naloxone distribution for overdose prevention and download the Naloxone Client Form.
EPA Health Advisories Impact North Alabama Water Systems - Get the latest information on the EPA advisories regarding perfluorinated compounds in drinking water in some north Alabama water systems.
Epinephrine Auto-Injector - Will you be using an epinephrine auto-injector? Get training on how and when to use them, and report the incident in the event you have to use one.
Diabetes, Cardiovascular and Obesity Conference - ADPH will hold its 15th annual Diabetes, Cardiovascular and Obesity Conference on November 18, 2016 at the Alabama Cattlemen's Association. This year's conference will focus on the cardiovascular aspects of these conditions. Registration is due by October 31.
17th Annual Perinatal Conference - Huntsville Hospital for Women & Children is offering a one-day continuing education conference on perinatal topics on Friday, October 21, 2016.
Free Prostate Cancer Screenings - County health departments across Alabama are offering free prostate cancer screenings - find dates and locations near you.
Free STD Testing in Birmingham - Birmingham AIDS Outreach is partnering with UAB to offer free screenings for sexually transmitted infections/diseases at two Birmingham locations.
September Health Observances
- Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
- Fruit and Veggies—More Matters Month
- Infant Mortality Awareness Month
- National Childhood Obesity Awareness Month
- National Cholesterol Education Month
- National Food Safety Education Month
- National Preparedness Month
- National Newborn Screening Awareness Month
- Prostate Cancer Awareness Month
- Sickle Cell Awareness Month
- National Suicide Prevention Week, Sept. 5-11
- World Suicide Prevention Day, Sept. 10
- National HIV/AIDS and Aging Awareness Day, Sept. 18
- National Gay Men's HIV/AIDS Awareness Day, Sept. 27
- World Rabies Day, Sept. 28
- ADPH Organizational Chart
- Central Office Telephone Listing
- Address Roster of County Health Departments, Health Officers, and Administrators
- Annual Reports
- Alabama's Health (Employee Newsletter)
- 2016 Calendar | 2015 Calendar
- Guide to Services
- Public Health Laws of Alabama
How Do I?
- Apply for a birth/death/marriage certificate?
- Apply for health insurance online?
- Apply for WIC?
- Check restaurant scores?
- Exchange meaningful use data?
- Find a directory of health care facilities?
- Get help to quit smoking?
- Obtain free family planning services?
- Obtain home health services?
- Prepare for or report an emergency?
- Review health care facility deficiencies?
- Review proposed rules?
9-07-16 - Understand and help prevent suicide