WIC Seeks Public Comment - The WIC Program regulations require public comment from interested individuals in the writing of the 2016 State Plan of Program Operations for the WIC Program.
Autism Spectrum Disorder Card - Alabamians who have a diagnosis that falls within the autism spectrum disorder may now apply for an identification card that can assist in their interactions with first responders and law enforcement officers during potentially stressful situations.
Fishing Consumption Advisories - Concern about protecting the public from possible exposure to mercury from eating fish led to the issuance of several new fish consumption advisories for Alabama.
2015 Newborn Screening Conference - The 2015 Newborn Screening Conference will be held on September 18 at the Mariott Conference Center at Capitol Hill, Prattville, Alabama. This conference will address a broad range of topics relevant to newborn screening.
Free STD Testing in Birmingham Starting in August - Birmingham AIDS Outreach is partnering with UAB to offer free screenings for sexually transmitted infections/diseases at two Birmingham locations beginning in August.
September Health Observances
- Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
- Fruit and Veggies—More Matters Month
- Infant Mortality Awareness Month
- National Childhood Obesity Awareness Month
- National Cholesterol Education Month
- National Food Safety Education Month
- National Preparedness Month
- Newborn Screening Month
- Prostate Cancer Awareness Month
- Sickle Cell Awareness Month
How Do I?
- Apply for a birth/death/marriage certificate?
- Apply for health insurance online?
- Apply for WIC?
- Check restaurant scores?
- Exchange meaningful use data?
- Find a directory of health care facilities?
- Get help to quit smoking?
- Obtain free family planning services?
- Obtain home health services?
- Prepare for or report an emergency?
- Review health care facility deficiencies?
- Review proposed rules?