For more information about any environmental services, call the Talladega Branch at (256) 315-4886 or the Sylacauga Branch at (256) 249-3807 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
Food Service Sanitation
The Environmental Health Division is responsible for the permitting and inspection of all food service establishments located within Talladega County, Alabama.
Establishment Inspection Scores
Inspection scores reflect compliance with minimum health standards only at the time of the inspection. Scores are based on a 100-point scale.
Establishments with a score of 85 or above are inspected a minimum of once every 120 days. Establishments with a score below 85 are inspected at least every 60 days. A score between 60 and 70 requires immediate corrective action within 48 hours. If a restaurant scores below 60, it is closed immediately until it can attain a score of 85 or better. Establishments with critical violations (critical items are marked in red on the food service report sheet) that cannot be corrected at the time of inspection are re-inspected within 10 days.
Check Food Establishment Scores
Other Environmental Services
- Public Health Nuisance Complaint Investigation
- Hotel, Public Pool, Jail, and Body Art Inspections
- Land Application, Inspection, and Permits
- Small and Large Flow Development Permits
- Onsite Sewage (Application and Permits), Septic Tank, and Grease Trap Permits
- Private Well Water Testing
- Solid Waste Facilities and Vehicles (Applications and Permits)
- Sewage Tank Manufacturers' Permits and Septic Tank Pumpers Inspections and Permits
- Vector Control and Rabies Control