The following events are hosted or sponsored by the Alabama Department of Public Health and/or its partnering agencies. Subscribe to ADPH Events
Special Events and Conferences
Sixth Annual Women's Health Update - August 9, 2013
The Office of Women's Health is pleased to announce the Sixth Annual Women's Health Update to be held on Friday, August 9, 2013, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. at the Bruno Conference Center in Birmingham, Alabama. This year’s theme is "Women’s Health: Understanding the Heart of the Matter." This event is a continuing education offering for registered nurses, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, social workers, dietitians, and other health care providers.
Annual Professional Development Conference - June 27-28, 2013
The Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Branch of Family Health Services is hosting their 2nd Annual Professional Development Conference on June 27-28, 2013. Keynote speaker will be David Walsh, PhD, one of the world's leading authorities on children, teens, parenting, family life, and the impacts of technology on children's health and development.
Men's Health Symposium - June 12, 2013
In collaboration with Alabama State University and the city of Montgomery, the Alabama Department of Public Health will hold its second Men's Health Symposium on June 12 on the ASU campus.
Live Webcasts and Satellite Conferences - The Alabama Public Health Training Network (ALPHTN) broadcasts webcasts and conferences for health professionals in Alabama and across the country.
Rural Health Grants - The Office of Primary Care and Rural Health provides a list of state, federal, and foundation grants related to rural health.
Upcoming HIV/AIDS Events - The HIV/AIDS division provides a centralized listing of all HIV/AIDS related events in the state.
Also visit the ADPH Online Calendar for a list of upcoming events.
- Enhancing the Public Health Nutrition Workforce Conference - June 7, 2013
- Annual Employee Health and Fitness Day Walk - May 17, 2013
- Annual Women's Health 5K Run and One-Mile Mother-Daughter Walk - May 11, 2013
- 2013 Chronic Disease Institute - May 1-2
- Annual Conference to Prevent Teen Pregnancy - April 29-30
- Scale Back Alabama - January 17 - April 26
- 2013 AlPHA Conference - April 3-5
- Alabama Environmental Health Association Annual Education Conference - April 3-4
- Hepatitis C Training Workshop - November 1, 2012
- Candlelight Memorial Service - October 15, 2012
- 9th Annual Alabama Youth Council - October 2, 2012
- State Perinatal Conference - September 14, 2012
- SIDS/SUDI Education Conference - August 23, 2012
- Women's Health Update - August 3, 2012
- Go for the Gold 2012 - July 27, 2012
- Men's Health Symposium - June 21, 2012
- 2012 ADPH Volunteer Symposium: Recovery, Resilience and Hope after Disaster - June 12, 2012
- Fourth Annual Women's Health 5K Run and One-Mile Mother-Daughter Walk - May 19, 2012
- National Employee Health and Fitness Day Walk - May 18, 2012
- ALPHA Conference - May 10-11, 2012
- Annual Rural Health Conference - May 2-3, 2012