Children's Health Insurance
All Kids is a low cost, comprehensive healthcare coverage program for children and teens under age 19 years.
Are Your Children Eligible?
Your children may be eligible if they are:
- under age 19 and an Alabama resident
- a U.S. citizen or an eligible immigrant
- not covered by or eligible for Medicaid
- not a resident in an institution
- within the income ranges established for participation, visit the All Kids Website
- not covered by other group health insurance*
*If a child has group health insurance that is voluntarily dropped, there is usually a three month waiting period before that child can be eligible for ALL Kids. However, since dependents of public employees have been excluded from participating in CHIP since inception, this three month waiting period will be waived for these children for a limited time. After this limited time period is over, the three month waiting period for dropping coverage will apply.
Benefits of the ALL Kids Program
- 12 months continuous coverage
- regular check-ups and school physicals
- sick-child doctor visits and emergency care
- mental health/substance abuse services
- dental and vision care
- hospital services, specialists and more
*If health insurance is voluntarily dropped by the parent or legal guardian, there is a 3-month waiting period before the child may apply for ALL Kids. Exclusions to this waiting period include:
- Voluntary termination of COBRA, Alabama Child Caring Program and private/non-group insurance.
- Situations where private insurance is cancelled because the child has exhausted lifetime benefits.
There are no exclusions for pre-existing conditions.
For more information, to receive an application, or to apply online, visit All Kids or call our toll-free number 1-888-373-KIDS (5437).