Area Investigator Resources
The purpose of this webpage is to consolidate the information needed by the Infectious Diseases & Outbreaks Area Investigators (AI) on a day-to-day basis. The following resources are the foundation for all AI's to conduct timely surveillance and investigations.
Outbreak/Cluster Questionnaires and Resources
Control of Communicable Diseases Manual, 20th Edition, 2015
This is a sourcebook on infectious diseases and includes identification, infectious agent, occurrence, mode of transmission, incubation period, susceptibility and resistance.
Red Book, 2012 Report of the Committee on Infectious Diseases
Developed by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) Committee on Infectious Diseases to provide guidance on the manifestations, etiology, epidemiology, diagnosis, and treatment of more than 200 common childhood conditions.
Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Any and all information listed on the CDC Website can be used for surveillance, investigation, and education for healthcare providers and the general public.
Alabama NEDSS Based System (ALNBS)
Infectious Diseases & Outbreaks Division
Center for Emergency Preparedness
Bureau of Clinical Laboratories
Infectious Outbreaks and Disease Information
- For flyers, see ID&O homepage, Infectious Diseases & Outbreaks Fast Fact Flyers
- Interview Techniques (see V:/Blank Documents and Procedures)
- Epi Outbreak Investigation Report (EOIR) (see V:/Blank Documents and Procedures)
- Acute Foodborne Gastroenteritis Reference Table (see ALNBS login page)
- Childcare Center Exclusion Criteria Supplement
- Investigation Reports (available on Current Outbreaks drive; Closed Investigations; Final Reports)