Wash Your Hands
1. Wet your hands with warm running water and apply soap.
2. Rub hands together to make lather and scrub all surfaces for 20 seconds.
3. Rinse hands well under running water.
4. Dry your hands using a paper towel or air dryer.
5. If possible, use your paper towel to turn off the faucet.
No soap and water? Use alcohol-based hand gel.
1. Apply gel to palm.
2. Rub the gel over all surfaces and fingers until dry.
Wash your hands immediately after:
- Using the bathroom
- Handling garbage, animals, and animal waste
- Handling dirty dishes, trash, and laundry
- Being in contact with sick people
- Touching doorknobs, phones, etc.
For more information, please see Did You Wash Your Hands?
Visit Free Printed Materials for free educational materials.