MDS 3.0 Training Information
This program is designed for nurses and is clinical related. Other key facilities' staff that completes any part of the MDS are also welcome. The training course offers the most up-to-date information about the MDS 3.0 assessment tool.
The MDS training program is approved for CEU credits by the Alabama Board of Nursing and the Alabama Board of Social Work Examiners. The Alabama Board of Nursing approved the Alabama Department of Public Health/Division of Healthcare Facilities as a continuing educational provider (ABNP0180-Expires 6/16/2013). The two-day training program is approved for CEUs. Awarding of CEU is dependent on full course attendance. All other disciplines will receive a certificate of completion.
Training Objectives (Two-Day Training Program)
- Describe the intent of each MDS sections A-Z.
- Discuss the MDS assessment types and schedules.
- Discuss changes to, coding requirements and documentation of MDS items.
- Identify healthcare role in discharge planning.
- Describe the Care Area Assessments and Care Planning process.
2013 MDS 3.0 Training Schedule
Please select your preferred training date(s). The training location site unless otherwise notified is:
The RSA Tower, Room 982 (9th Floor Training Room)
201 Monroe Street
Montgomery, Alabama 36104
Registration begins at 8:15 a.m.
Training Program: 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Lunch is on your own
- Registration form must be received no later than two (2) weeks prior to each class.
- Complete one registration form per participant.
- The two-day training program is basic information for new MDS Coordinators with less than 6-8 months of experience.
Training Dates for 2013
Visit CMS Training Materials for information related to the RAI manuals and copies of MDS 3.0 training slides and training videos.
Download the following documents for more MDS training class information.
Return to MDS for more information.