2015 Annual Report - Our 2015 Annual Report is now available online.
Mosquito-Borne Diseases - ADPH issues advisory for pregnant women considering travel to areas with the Zika virus. Learn more about the Zika Virus, Chikungunya, and West Nile Virus.
Request for Proposals - The Diabetes Branch is seeking to increase the utilization of diabetes self-management education (DSME) throughout the state of Alabama. Applications are due by May 27.
Smart & Safe Campaign - "Smart & Safe" promotes the proper prescription, use, storage and disposal of prescription medication.
Ninth Annual Women's Health Update Conference - The Office of Women's Health Ninth Annual Women's Health Update will be held Friday, August 5, 2016, at the St. Vincent's Health System Bruno Conference Center in Birmingham, Alabama.
2016 Chronic Disease Institute (CDI) - CDI is The Wellness Coalition’s annual summer conference on June 28 and 29, which provides information about chronic disease prevention and management. Sessions include a variety of relevant, current topics and continuing education credits are offered.
Free STD Testing in Birmingham Starting in August - Birmingham AIDS Outreach is partnering with UAB to offer free screenings for sexually transmitted infections/diseases at two Birmingham locations beginning in August.
May Health Observances
- Arthritis Awareness Month
- Hepatitis Awareness Month
- Melanoma/Skin Cancer Detection and Prevention Month
- National Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month
- National High Blood Pressure Education Month
- National Osteoporosis Awareness and Education Month
- National Stroke Awareness Month
- National Teen Pregnancy Prevention Month
- Hand Hygiene Day, May 5
- National Alcohol- and Other Drug-Related Birth Defects Awareness Week, May 8-14
- National Women's Health Week, May 8-14
- National Women's Check-Up Day, May 9
- HIV Vaccine Awareness Day, May 18
- National Asian and Pacific Islander HIV/AIDS Awareness Day, May 19
- National Hurricane Preparedness Week, May 15-21
- Heat Safety Awareness Day, May 27
- World No Tobacco Day, May 31
- ADPH Organizational Chart
- Central Office Telephone Listing
- Address Roster of County Health Departments, Health Officers, and Administrators
- Annual Reports
- Alabama's Health (Employee Newsletter)
- 2016 Calendar | 2015 Calendar
- Guide to Services
- Public Health Laws of Alabama
How Do I?
- Apply for a birth/death/marriage certificate?
- Apply for health insurance online?
- Apply for WIC?
- Check restaurant scores?
- Exchange meaningful use data?
- Find a directory of health care facilities?
- Get help to quit smoking?
- Obtain free family planning services?
- Obtain home health services?
- Prepare for or report an emergency?
- Review health care facility deficiencies?
- Review proposed rules?
5-6-16 - Areas reopened to oyster harvesting
4-19-16 - Are you eligible for WIC?