Measles 2015: What We Need to Know - Visit ADPH's Immunization page for the latest information on the recent measles outbreaks, including a presentation from Dr. Karen Landers, Assistant State Health Officer.
Ebola Virus Disease - Visit ADPH's Ebola Virus Disease page for the latest information on the 2014 outbreak, including our Quarantine Policy.
Scale Back Alabama - The free statewide weight-loss program designed to encourage Alabamians to get healthy and to have fun while doing it runs from January 6 to April 24.
12th Annual FOCUS Rally - The 12th Annual FOCUS Rally for grades 7-12 will be held at Shocco Springs Conference Center in Talladega, Alabama, on April 30.
Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Branch Annual Conference - Registration is now open for the APPB Annual Conference, which will be held May 19-20 at Auburn University Montgomery's Taylor Center. This year's theme is "Insight, Answers and Opportunities."
2015 Newborn Screening Conference - The 2015 Newborn Screening Conference will be held on September 18 at the Mariott Conference Center at Capitol Hill, Prattville, Alabama. This conference will address a broad range of topics relevant to newborn screening.
May Health Observances
- Arthritis Awareness Month
- Hepatitis Awareness Month
- Melanoma/Skin Cancer Detection and Prevention Month
- National Osteoporosis Awareness and Prevention Month
- National Stroke Awareness Month
- National Teen Pregnancy Prevention Month
- UV Safety Month
- Hand Hygiene Day, May 5
- National Alcohol- and Other Drug-Related Birth Defects Awareness Week, May 10-16
- National Women's Health Week, May 10-16
- National Women's Check-up Day, May 11
- HIV Vaccine Awareness Day, May 18
- National Asian and Pacific Islander HIV/AIDS Awareness Day, May 19
- Heat Safety Awareness Day, May 22
- National Hurricane Preparedness Week, May 24-30
- World No Tobacco Day, May 31
How Do I?
- Apply for a birth/death/marriage certificate?
- Apply for health insurance online?
- Apply for WIC?
- Check restaurant scores?
- Exchange meaningful use data?
- Find a directory of health care facilities?
- Get help to quit smoking?
- Obtain free family planning services?
- Obtain home health services?
- Prepare for or report an emergency?
- Review health care facility deficiencies?
- Review proposed rules?
04-24-15 - 2015 Scale Back Alabama winners announced
04-23-15 - Public Health leaders honored
04-22-15 - Are you eligible for WIC?