Ebola Virus Disease - Visit ADPH's Ebola Virus Disease page for the latest information on the 2014 outbreak.
Enterovirus D68 - ADPH is currently investigating two clusters of Enterovirus D68 in children.
2015 Health Care Facility License Renewal - Online License Renewal Applications for 2015 are now being accepted for all licensed business entities. All 2014 health care facility licenses will expire December 31, 2014.
Prematurity Conference - ADPH and the March of Dimes present the Prematurity Summit scheduled for Friday, November 14 at Embassy Suites in Montgomery.
Prostate Cancer Screenings - County health departments throughout the state are providing free health screenings on specific days from June to November of this year.
Upcoming HIV/AIDS Events - The HIV/AIDS division provides a centralized listing of all HIV/AIDS related events in the state.
October Health Observances
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- Let's Talk Month
- National Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome Awareness Month
- Drive Safely Work Week, October 7-11
- National Walk to School Day, October 8
- Bone and Joint Health Awareness Week, October 12-20
- Metastatic Breast Cancer Awareness Day, October 13
- National Latino AIDS Awareness Day, October 15
- International Infection Prevention Week, October 19-25
- Respiratory Care Week, October 19-25
- Red Ribbon Week, October 23-31
How Do I?
- Apply for a birth/death/marriage certificate?
- Apply for health insurance online?
- Apply for WIC?
- Check restaurant scores?
- Exchange meaningful use data?
- Find a directory of health care facilities?
- Get help to quit smoking?
- Obtain free family planning services?
- Obtain home health services?
- Prepare for or report an emergency?
- Review health care facility deficiencies?
- Review proposed rules?
10-09-14 - ADPH issues response concerning ill patient