Ebola Preparedness Webcast #1 - Tune in to our satellite conference and live webcast on Ebola on October 1. Program faculty will discuss what we know about Ebola today, and provide important information for health care providers caring for patients with Ebola.
Enterovirus D68 - ADPH is currently investigating two clusters of Enterovirus D68 in children.
2015 Health Care Facility License Renewal - Online License Renewal Applications for 2015 are now being accepted for all licensed business entities. All 2014 health care facility licenses will expire December 31, 2014.
2013 Annual Report - Our 2013 Annual Report is now available online.
Alabama Youth Council - The 11th Annual Alabama Youth Council (AYC) will be held October 7 in Montgomery. The AYC is a youth conference for middle and high school students to promote student-led prevention of adolescent risk behaviors.
2014 ASPARC Conference - The annual ASPARC Conference is scheduled for September 30 at the Montgomery County Health Department. The theme is "Working Together to Prevent Suicide." CEUs will be provided.
Prostate Cancer Screenings - County health departments throughout the state are providing free health screenings on specific days from June to November of this year.
Upcoming HIV/AIDS Events - The HIV/AIDS division provides a centralized listing of all HIV/AIDS related events in the state.
October Health Observances
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- National Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome Awareness Month
- Drive Safely Work Week, October 7-11
- National Walk to School Day, October 8
- Bone and Joint Health Awareness Week, October 12-20
- Metastatic Breast Cancer Awareness Day, October 13
- National Latino AIDS Awareness Day, October 15
- International Infection Prevention Week, October 19-25
- Respiratory Care Week, October 19-25
- Red Ribbon Week, October 23-31
How Do I?
- Apply for a birth/death/marriage certificate?
- Apply for health insurance online?
- Apply for WIC?
- Check restaurant scores?
- Exchange meaningful use data?
- Find a directory of health care facilities?
- Get help to quit smoking?
- Obtain free family planning services?
- Obtain home health services?
- Prepare for or report an emergency?
- Review health care facility deficiencies?
- Review proposed rules?