Measles 2015: What We Need to Know - Visit ADPH's Immunization page for the latest information on the recent measles outbreaks, including a presentation from Dr. Karen Landers, Assistant State Health Officer.
Requests for Proposals: Alabama Abstinence Education and Personal Responsibility Education Programs - The Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Branch (APPB) has two new grant opportunities available. Proposals are due by April 20.
Ebola Virus Disease - Visit ADPH's Ebola Virus Disease page for the latest information on the 2014 outbreak, including our Quarantine Policy.
Scale Back Alabama - The free statewide weight-loss program designed to encourage Alabamians to get healthy and to have fun while doing it runs from January 6 to April 24.
AlPHA Conference - The 59th Annual AlPHA Education Conference will be held April 8-10 at the Embassy Suites Hotel and Conference Center in Montgomery, Alabama.
Obstetrics and Gynecology Conference - The 24th Annual University of South Alabama Obstetrics and Gynecology Conference will be held April 16-17 at the Daphne Civic Center.
12th Annual FOCUS Rally - The 12th Annual FOCUS Rally for grades 7-12 will be held at Shocco Springs Conference Center in Talladega, Alabama, on April 30.
Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Branch Annual Conference - Registration is now open for the APPB Annual Conference, which will be held May 19-20 at Auburn University Montgomery's Taylor Center. This year's theme is "Insight, Answers and Opportunities."
April Health Observances
- National Child Abuse Prevention Month
- National Distracted Driving Awareness Month
- National Donate Life Month
- National Minority Health Month
- Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month
- STI Awareness Month
- National Public Health Week, April 6-12
- Sexual Assault Awareness Day of Action, April 7
- National Youth HIV and AIDS Awareness Day, April 10
- National Infant Immunization Week, April 18-25
- World Immunization Week, April 24-30
- Air Quality Awareness Week, April 27-May 1
How Do I?
- Apply for a birth/death/marriage certificate?
- Apply for health insurance online?
- Apply for WIC?
- Check restaurant scores?
- Exchange meaningful use data?
- Find a directory of health care facilities?
- Get help to quit smoking?
- Obtain free family planning services?
- Obtain home health services?
- Prepare for or report an emergency?
- Review health care facility deficiencies?
- Review proposed rules?