Measles 2015: What We Need to Know - Visit ADPH's Immunization page for the latest information on the recent measles outbreaks, including a presentation from Dr. Karen Landers, Assistant State Health Officer.
Ebola Virus Disease - Visit ADPH's Ebola Virus Disease page for the latest information on the 2014 outbreak, including our Quarantine Policy.
2015 Newborn Screening Conference - The 2015 Newborn Screening Conference will be held on September 18 at the Mariott Conference Center at Capitol Hill, Prattville, Alabama. This conference will address a broad range of topics relevant to newborn screening.
Eighth Annual Women's Health Update - The Office of Women's Health Eighth Annual Women's Health Update will be held Friday, August 7, 2015, at the St. Vincent's Health System Bruno Conference Center in Birmingham, Alabama. This year’s theme is Taking Charge: Empowering Women to Engage in Healthy Living, An Interprofessional Conference for Health Care Providers. This event is a continuing education offering for registered nurses, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, social workers, dietitians, and other health care providers.
May Health Observances
- Arthritis Awareness Month
- Hepatitis Awareness Month
- Melanoma/Skin Cancer Detection and Prevention Month
- National Osteoporosis Awareness and Prevention Month
- National Stroke Awareness Month
- National Teen Pregnancy Prevention Month
- UV Safety Month
- Hand Hygiene Day, May 5
- National Alcohol- and Other Drug-Related Birth Defects Awareness Week, May 10-16
- National Women's Health Week, May 10-16
- National Women's Check-up Day, May 11
- HIV Vaccine Awareness Day, May 18
- National Asian and Pacific Islander HIV/AIDS Awareness Day, May 19
- Heat Safety Awareness Day, May 22
- National Hurricane Preparedness Week, May 24-30
- World No Tobacco Day, May 31
How Do I?
- Apply for a birth/death/marriage certificate?
- Apply for health insurance online?
- Apply for WIC?
- Check restaurant scores?
- Exchange meaningful use data?
- Find a directory of health care facilities?
- Get help to quit smoking?
- Obtain free family planning services?
- Obtain home health services?
- Prepare for or report an emergency?
- Review health care facility deficiencies?
- Review proposed rules?
04-22-15 - Are you eligible for WIC?