Standing Order on Naloxone Distribution - Read the standing order from the State Health Officer on Naloxone distribution for overdose prevention and download the Naloxone Client Form.
EPA Health Advisories Impact North Alabama Water Systems - Get the latest information on the EPA advisories regarding perfluorinated compounds in drinking water in some north Alabama water systems.
Epinephrine Auto-Injector - Will you be using an epinephrine auto-injector? Get training on how and when to use them, and report the incident in the event you have to use one.
Mosquito-Borne Diseases - ADPH issues advisory for pregnant women considering travel to areas with the Zika virus. Learn more about the Zika Virus, Chikungunya, and West Nile Virus.
14th Annual FOCUS Rally - For the first time there are two regional rallies: September 13 at Bryant Conference Center in Tuscaloosa and September 21 at Shocco Springs Conference Center in Talladega. Professional development offered for educators and social workers. Nursing CEUs pending.
Ninth Annual Women's Health Update Conference - The Office of Women's Health Ninth Annual Women's Health Update will be held Friday, August 5, 2016, at the St. Vincent's Health System Bruno Conference Center in Birmingham, Alabama.
2016 Chronic Disease Institute (CDI) - CDI is The Wellness Coalition’s annual summer conference on June 28 and 29, which provides information about chronic disease prevention and management. Sessions include a variety of relevant, current topics and continuing education credits are offered.
June Health Observances
- ADPH Organizational Chart
- Central Office Telephone Listing
- Address Roster of County Health Departments, Health Officers, and Administrators
- Annual Reports
- Alabama's Health (Employee Newsletter)
- 2016 Calendar | 2015 Calendar
- Guide to Services
- Public Health Laws of Alabama
How Do I?
- Apply for a birth/death/marriage certificate?
- Apply for health insurance online?
- Apply for WIC?
- Check restaurant scores?
- Exchange meaningful use data?
- Find a directory of health care facilities?
- Get help to quit smoking?
- Obtain free family planning services?
- Obtain home health services?
- Prepare for or report an emergency?
- Review health care facility deficiencies?
- Review proposed rules?
5-6-16 - Areas reopened to oyster harvesting