Health Care Facility Annual License Renewal - All 2015 health care facility licenses will expire December 31, 2015. Any health care facility that does not renew its license by December 31, 2015, or does not renew its license and pay the accrued late fees by January 31, 2016, will no longer be licensed.
Autism Spectrum Disorder Card - Alabamians who have a diagnosis that falls within the autism spectrum disorder may now apply for an identification card that can assist in their interactions with first responders and law enforcement officers during potentially stressful situations.
Scale Back Alabama (Kick-Off is January 8, 2016) - The free 10-week weight loss competition is dependent on local businesses, churches, gyms and other community organizations to serve as weigh-in sites. Volunteer as a weigh-in site (coordinator) and help Alabamians become healthier.
Free STD Testing in Birmingham Starting in August - Birmingham AIDS Outreach is partnering with UAB to offer free screenings for sexually transmitted infections/diseases at two Birmingham locations beginning in August.
December Health Observances
- ADPH Organizational Chart
- Central Office Telephone Listing
- Address Roster of County Health Departments, Health Officers, and Administrators
- Annual Reports
- Alabama's Health (Employee Newsletter)
- 2016 Calendar | 2015 Calendar
- Guide to Services
- Public Health Laws of Alabama
How Do I?
- Apply for a birth/death/marriage certificate?
- Apply for health insurance online?
- Apply for WIC?
- Check restaurant scores?
- Exchange meaningful use data?
- Find a directory of health care facilities?
- Get help to quit smoking?
- Obtain free family planning services?
- Obtain home health services?
- Prepare for or report an emergency?
- Review health care facility deficiencies?
- Review proposed rules?
11-17-15 - Shellfish growing waters closed
10-27-15 - Shellfish growing waters in Area II closed