2012 Annual Report - Our 2012 Annual Report is now available online.
ABC's of Sleeping Babies - Babies sleep safest when they sleep alone on their back in an uncluttered crib or other safe sleep surface.
Timing is Everything - The best outcomes are seen for babies born at 39 to 40 weeks.
GAL - Get A Healthy Life - The choices you make now can impact your health today, tomorrow and even the health of your children. Make the time to learn about choices you can make to achieve a healthier life.
Annual Professional Development Conference - The Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Branch of Family Health Services is hosting their 2nd Annual Professional Development Conference on June 27-28, 2013. Keynote speaker will be David Walsh, PhD, one of the world's leading authorities on children, teens, parenting, family life, and the impacts of technology on children's health and development.
Enhancing the Public Health Nutrition Workforce Conference - The Alabama Public Health Training Center is sponsoring a conference titled "Enhancing the Public Health Nutrition Workforce: Strategies to Promote Healthy Diets and Physically Active Lifestyles" in Birmingham on June 7.
May Health Observances
- Arthritis Awareness Month
- Hepatitis Awareness Month
- Melanoma/Skin Cancer Detection and Prevention Month
- National Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month
- National Bike Month
- National High Blood Pressure Education Month
- National Osteoporosis Awareness and Prevention Month
- National Teen Pregnancy Prevention Month
- UV Safety Month
- HIV Vaccine Awareness Day, May 18
- National Asian and Pacific Islander HIV/AIDS Awareness Day, May 19
- Recreational Water Illness and Injury Prevention Week, May 21-27
- Heat Safety Awareness Day, May 24
- National Hurricane Preparedness Week, May 26-June 1
- World No Tobacco Day, May 31
How Do I?
- Apply for a birth/death/marriage certificate?
- Apply for health insurance online?
- Apply for WIC?
- Check restaurant scores?
- Exchange meaningful use data?
- Find a directory of health care facilities?
- Get help to quit smoking?
- Obtain free family planning services?
- Obtain home health services?
- Prepare for an emergency?
- Review health care facility deficiencies?
05-21-13 - ADPH reopens areas to oyster harvesting
05-02-13 - Shellfish growing waters closed
04-26-13 - ADPH reopens areas to oyster harvesting