Mosquito-Borne Diseases - ADPH issues advisory for pregnant women considering travel to areas with the Zika virus. Learn more about the Zika Virus, Chikungunya, and West Nile Virus.
Standing Order on Naloxone Distribution - Read the standing order from the State Health Officer on Naloxone distribution for overdose prevention and download the Naloxone Client Form.
Epinephrine Auto-Injector - Will you be using an epinephrine auto-injector? Get training on how and when to use them, and report the incident in the event you have to use one.
Alabama Employee Health & Fitness FUN Walk - The annual Employee Health & Fitness Fun Walk takes place at the State Capitol on Friday, May 12, with multiple start times from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Register today!
Babypalooza Events - Baby and maternity expos where moms can learn about products and meet experts who can answer questions are being held in Montgomery, Tuscaloosa, Huntsville, and Mobile.
Free Prostate Cancer Screenings (April - November) - Several county health departments are offering free prostate cancer screenings.
26th Annual Continuing Education Conference - Save the date for the 26th Annual Continuing Education Conference which will take place April 20-21, 2017 at the Daphne Civic Center.
April Health Observances
- National Child Abuse Prevention Month
- National Distracted Driving Awareness Month
- National Donate Life Month
- National Minority Health Month
- Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month
- STI Awareness Month
- National Youth Violence Prevention Week, April 2-8
- National Public Health Week, April 3-9
- Sexual Assault Awareness Day of Action, April 5
- National Youth HIV and AIDS Awareness Day, April 10
- National Infant Immunization Week, April 22-29
- World Immunization Week, April 23-29
- World Meningitis Day, April 24
- ADPH Organizational Chart
- Central Office Telephone Listing
- Address Roster of County Health Departments, Health Officers, and Administrators
- Annual Reports
- Alabama's Health (Employee Newsletter)
- 2017 Calendar | 2016 Calendar
- Guide to Services
- Public Health Laws of Alabama
How Do I?
- Apply for a birth/death/marriage certificate?
- Apply for health insurance online?
- Apply for WIC?
- Check restaurant scores?
- Exchange meaningful use data?
- Find a directory of health care facilities?
- Get help to quit smoking?
- Obtain free family planning services?
- Obtain home health services?
- Prepare for or report an emergency?
- Review health care facility deficiencies?
- Review proposed rules?
04-20-17 - Areas reopened to oyster harvesting