2015 Annual Report - Our 2015 Annual Report is now available online.
Mosquito-Borne Diseases - ADPH issues advisory for pregnant women considering travel to areas with the Zika virus. Learn more about the Zika Virus, Chikungunya, and West Nile Virus.
Request for Proposals - The Diabetes Branch is seeking to increase the utilization of diabetes self-management education (DSME) throughout the state of Alabama. Applications are due by May 27.
Smart & Safe Campaign - "Smart & Safe" promotes the proper prescription, use, storage and disposal of prescription medication.
Diabetes Self-Management Education Conference - Learn everything you need to know to about building your diabetes education program by attending the DSME Conference on April 27 in Montgomery.
13th Annual FOCUS Rally - FOCUS is hosting its annual Rally for Awareness for high schoolers on April 28 at the Shocco Springs Conference Center. Grades 7-12 are encouraged to attend.
Free STD Testing in Birmingham Starting in August - Birmingham AIDS Outreach is partnering with UAB to offer free screenings for sexually transmitted infections/diseases at two Birmingham locations beginning in August.
May Health Observances
- Arthritis Awareness Month
- Hepatitis Awareness Month
- Melanoma/Skin Cancer Detection and Prevention Month
- National Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month
- National High Blood Pressure Education Month
- National Osteoporosis Awareness and Education Month
- National Stroke Awareness Month
- National Teen Pregnancy Prevention Month
- National UV Safety Month
- Hand Hygiene Day, May 5
- National Alcohol- and Other Drug-Related Birth Defects Awareness Week, May 8-14
- National Women's Health Week, May 8-14
- National Women's Check-Up Day, May 9
- HIV Vaccine Awareness Day, May 18
- National Asian and Pacific Islander HIV/AIDS Awareness Day, May 19
- National Hurricane Preparedness Week, May 15-21
- Heat Safety Awareness Day, May 27
- World No Tobacco Day, May 31
- ADPH Organizational Chart
- Central Office Telephone Listing
- Address Roster of County Health Departments, Health Officers, and Administrators
- Annual Reports
- Alabama's Health (Employee Newsletter)
- 2016 Calendar | 2015 Calendar
- Guide to Services
- Public Health Laws of Alabama
How Do I?
- Apply for a birth/death/marriage certificate?
- Apply for health insurance online?
- Apply for WIC?
- Check restaurant scores?
- Exchange meaningful use data?
- Find a directory of health care facilities?
- Get help to quit smoking?
- Obtain free family planning services?
- Obtain home health services?
- Prepare for or report an emergency?
- Review health care facility deficiencies?
- Review proposed rules?
4-19-16 - Are you eligible for WIC?
4-19-16 - Shellfish growing waters closed