NHSC Loan Repayment Program - The National Health Service Corps is currently accepting applications for FY2014 Loan Repayment Program awards. Fully licensed clinicians with certifications in primary care medicine can apply for loan repayment assistance in exchange for working in a health professional shortage area at an approved NHSC site.
Lab Testing Requisition Form - Beginning January 1, 2014, the Bureau of Clinical Laboratories (BCL) is requiring that healthcare providers who do not use the State Lab's Webportal provide patient insurance information for all specimens, except newborn screening, submitted to the Lab for testing.
Scale Back Alabama - The purpose of the 10-week contest is to help our state fight its challenge with obesity by encouraging Alabamians to lose weight, to exercise, and to have fun while doing it.
2014 Scale Back Alabama Contest - Now in its eighth year, Scale Back Alabama begins on January 16. The purpose of the 10-week contest is to help our state fight its challenge with obesity by encouraging Alabamians to lose weight, to exercise, and to have fun while doing it.
AlPHA Conference - The Alabama Public Health Association is hosting the 58th Annual AlPHA Education Conference to be held April 9-11 at the Doubletree Hotel and School of Public Health in Birmingham.
Eco-Healthy Child Care Train the Trainer - Learn the free or low-cost steps that child care providers can take to protect the children in their care from common environmental hazards in this 5.5 hour Train the Trainer session on May 12.
March Health Observances
- National Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month
- National Endometriosis Awareness Month
- National Kidney Month
- National Nutrition Month
- National Social Work Month
- National Severe Weather Preparedness Week, March 2-8
- National School Breakfast Week, March 3-7
- National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day, March 10
- World Kidney Day, March 13
- National Poison Prevention Week, March 16-22
- Flood Safety Awareness Week, March 17-21
- National Native American HIV/AIDS Awareness Day,
- World Tuberculosis Day, March 24
- American Diabetes Alert Day, March 26
How Do I?
- Apply for a birth/death/marriage certificate?
- Apply for health insurance online?
- Apply for WIC?
- Check restaurant scores?
- Exchange meaningful use data?
- Find a directory of health care facilities?
- Get help to quit smoking?
- Obtain free family planning services?
- Obtain home health services?
- Prepare for an emergency?
- Review health care facility deficiencies?
- Review proposed rules?
01-27-14 - Are you eligible for WIC?
01-16-14 - Scale Back Alabama kicks off eighth year
12-16-13 - 2013 Alabama Asthma Burden Document issued