Enterovirus D68 - ADPH is currently investigating two clusters of Enterovirus D68 in children.
Survey for Alabama's Families - If you are a resident of Alabama who is taking care of children or youth, complete the ADPH Family Survey to tell us about your family's health care experiences and your thoughts on the health needs of families living in the State.
Identity Theft/HIPAA Breach - ADPH continues to cooperate with the IRS and DOJ in their investigation of identity theft and the filing of false tax returns, particularly for the years 2011 and 2012.
WIC 2015 State Plan - The WIC Program seeks public comment about the 2015 State Plan. The plan may be reviewed online between September 2 through September 16.
Alabama Youth Council - The 11th Annual Alabama Youth Council (AYC) will be held October 7 in Montgomery. The AYC is a youth conference for middle and high school students to promote student-led prevention of adolescent risk behaviors.
2014 ASPARC Conference - The annual ASPARC Conference is scheduled for September 30 at the Montgomery County Health Department. The theme is "Working Together to Prevent Suicide." CEUs will be provided.
Prostate Cancer Screenings - County health departments throughout the state are providing free health screenings on specific days from June to November of this year.
Upcoming HIV/AIDS Events - The HIV/AIDS division provides a centralized listing of all HIV/AIDS related events in the state.
September Health Observances
- Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
- Fruit and Veggies—More Matters Month
- Infant Mortality Awareness Month
- National Childhood Obesity Awareness Month
- National Cholesterol Education Month
- National Food Safety Education Month
- National Preparedness Month
- Newborn Screening Month
- Prostate Cancer Awareness Month
- National Suicide Prevention Week, September 7-13
- World Suicide Prevention Day, September 10
- National HIV/AIDS and Aging Awareness Day,
- National Gay Men's HIV/AIDS Awareness Day,
- World Rabies Day, September 28
- World Heart Day, September 29
How Do I?
- Apply for a birth/death/marriage certificate?
- Apply for health insurance online?
- Apply for WIC?
- Check restaurant scores?
- Exchange meaningful use data?
- Find a directory of health care facilities?
- Get help to quit smoking?
- Obtain free family planning services?
- Obtain home health services?
- Prepare for an emergency?
- Review health care facility deficiencies?
- Review proposed rules?