Prescription Drug Abuse - If you have ever shared your prescription medication with a co-worker, family member, classmate, or friend, you may be part of the prescription drug abuse problem.
Alabama Cancer Facts and Figures 2012 - The Alabama Cancer Facts and Figures 2012 publication is now available online.
2012 Annual Report - Our 2012 Annual Report is now available online.
Timing is Everything - The best outcomes are seen for babies born at 39 to 40 weeks.
ABC's of Sleeping Babies - Babies sleep safest when they sleep alone on their back in an uncluttered crib or other safe sleep surface.
Sixth Annual Women's Health Update - The Office of Women's Health is pleased to announce the Sixth Annual Women's Health Update to be held on Friday, August 9, 2013 in Birmingham, Alabama. This year's theme is "Women's Health: Understanding the Heart of the Matter."
Annual Professional Development Conference - The Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Branch of Family Health Services is hosting their 2nd Annual Professional Development Conference on June 27-28, 2013.
June Health Observances
How Do I?
- Apply for a birth/death/marriage certificate?
- Apply for health insurance online?
- Apply for WIC?
- Check restaurant scores?
- Exchange meaningful use data?
- Find a directory of health care facilities?
- Get help to quit smoking?
- Obtain free family planning services?
- Obtain home health services?
- Prepare for an emergency?
- Review health care facility deficiencies?
06-07-13 - ADPH investigates TB cases
05-21-13 - ADPH reopens areas to oyster harvesting